Beginners Cupcakes - Buttercream, Piping & Fondant
You will learn how to create beautiful designs on 12 delicious freshly baked cupcakes working with both buttercream and fondant learning 2 different but important techniques
A light lunch & tea / coffee breaks (including a slice of cake of course!) will be provided and you will learn:
- recipes and advice on how to bake the perfect cupcakes including tips for free-from cakes
- recipes and advice on the perfect buttercream for your cupcakes
- techniques for covering in buttercream either in preparation for fondant or...
- colouring & piping with buttercream
- creating themed cupcakes
- brief overview of the features of fondant / sugarpaste, how to colour, knead & roll sugarpaste and how to finish your cupcakes to professional perfection ready for decoration
- looking at embossing & stencilling fondant techniques
- making & using moulds such as brooches, or anything you like for producing fondant decorations
- using gold, silver and other lustre dusts over stencils & embossing to create a lovely base for your decorations
- making miniature decorations from sugarpaste such as flowers, hearts, cutters, pearls for decoration
- using lettering on cupcakes
- how to present your cupcakes - try out a range of different stands before you invest!
This class is suitable for beginners who have absolutely no decorating experience as well as those who already have decorating skills and would like to learn something new & spend the day with other people who just love cake!