Flowers for Cakes
You will learn how to create beautiful flowers from flower paste.
A light lunch & tea / coffee breaks (including a slice of cake of course!) will be provided and you will learn:
- Introduction to colours / types of flower paste & how to work with it to get the best results
- Simple flowers you can make using very simple tools & the opportunity to experiment with more advanced tools
- How to wire flowers ready for modelling
- Cutters and equipment for flower making - how to form, working & dry/set flowers
- Flowers that YOU want to make - but depending on time we will look at some or all of: roses, daisies, gerberas, lilies, carnations, leaves
- Adding calyx and cutters
- How to add colour and depth to your flowers - dusts, pollen dusts
- How to finish off your flowers including glazing & wiring your finished flowers together & creating sprays of buds / open flowers for more realistic displays
- How to display your flowers
This class is suitable for beginners who have absolutely no decorating experience as well as those who already have decorating skills and would like to learn something new & spend the day with other people who just love cake!